The APA – American Psychological Assocaition is a by all accounts the most highly regarded, well respected professional organization representing psychology in the US, with around 150,000 members.
As a prerequisite for accreditation, the APA looks at a list of factors. For one, the program’s purpose must be within the scope of the accrediting body and must be pursued in an institutional setting appropriate for the doctoral education and training of professional psychologists.
- The program offers doctoral education and training in psychology, one goal of which is to prepare students for the practice of professional psychology.
- The program is sponsored by an institution of higher education accredited by a nationally recognized regional accrediting body in the US or Canada (in some cases) which is in good standing.
- The program is an integral part of the mission of the academic department, college, school, or institution in which it resides.
- The program requires of each student a minimum of 3 full-time academic years of graduate study (or the equivalent thereof) and completion of an internship prior to awarding the doctoral degree.
- The program engages in actions that indicate respect for and understanding of cultural and individual diversity.
- The program adheres to and makes available to all interested parties formal written policies and procedures that govern.
You should considering earning your APA approved/accredited psychology degree online if you:
1. Have a day job you can not leave. If you have a day job you cannot leave, then an online degree makes perfect sense. The great thing about psychology degrees online is that your time is your property. You can complete you course on your own free time. This means you can do all the chores you need to do and come back to your course requirements in the evening when all the kids are asleep.
2. You already have a degree and want to advance in your career. If you are already in possession of a degree, then a good online education can help you forward your career aspirations. This is especially true if you are looking to be an educator in the future or are trying to beef up on your psychology skills if you are a counselor.
3. Physically handicapped. If you cannot make it to class due to a handicap or a medical condition, it should not be an impediment to your dream of getting your education. Online degrees make this a possibility in some conditions.
Or you could work your day job and come home and work on your requirements in the evening or when you have comfortable time at your hands. You can do things at your leisure. There is less stress and a greater incentive to complete your studies.
Popular Specializations for a Graduate Online Psychology Degree include:
* Clinical Psychology
* Counseling Psychology
* Educational Psychology
* General Psychology
* Industrial/Organizational Psychology
* School Psychology
* Sport Psychology
* Evaluation, Research, and Measurement
* Child and Adolescent Development
* Organizational Leader Development
*Leadership Coaching Psychology
Or, Use Our Free Search Tools and Locate The Best Online or Campus Based Programs.
No related posts.